Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Blankie, oh blankie, how I love thee!

Clara had elephant, which consequently is no longer her main man. Hazel has blankie. Her very favorite baby blankie. It is a cotton two layer receiving blanket, light green, that was once used by Clara and then used by Hazel. She sleeps with blankie every night all balled up, tucked in against her cheek and neck. Very frequently, she sucks on the tag which is looking quite gross, despite many washings. Blankie is dragged out of the crib and throughout the house on many occations. He has not made it out of the house on outings but she isn't exactly vocal about that sort of thing yet. I'm wondering how long she'll be attached to her lovie. If this will be like Clara and she'll outgrow her favorite thing fast or if she'll hold onto it forever. I'm reminded of my favorite lovie from my childhood. It's a light pink waffle weave blanket that used to have satin trim. My grandma tried to throw it away once and I retrieved it. It still remains in my possession today, tucked away in a box with my photos and other memorabilia.

No comments:

Post a Comment