Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Charlie and Lola

Clara loves the books/series Charlie and Lola. Charlie and Lola are a brother and sister who live in England. Every episode/book starts out. "I have this little sister Lola. She's small and very funny." Today we went to the fabric store, a place where the girls tend to get bored very easily. There we are Hazel in the front, Clara practically laying down in the back of the mini Joann's cart as I maneuver through the tiny aisles trying to find what I want while simultaneously keeping Hazel from pulling EVERY bolt of fabric off the racks. A frustrating experience to say the least. Half way through, Clara starts saying, in her best British accent, " I have this little sister Lola, she's smoll and very funny. Today Lola and I are going to the fabric store . . ." She continues to narrate what we are doing with a brief pause at the cutting table to talk to the sales lady, then finishing with. "I have this little sister Lola, she's smoll and very funny. Lola and I are leaving the fabric store." She had me dying. It was really, rather cute and funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment