Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The big 5!




That's right my baby is 5. We celebrated with a home brewed my little pony party. I thought about doing my usual fancy decorating scheme, a cake with 3D ponies, etc. Then I decided, Clara is always wishing she could participate more when it comes to baking, decorating and decision making, so why not let her do it. It's her party after all. So Clara picked out decorations, decided on food, decided on the cake flavor, helped bake the cake and decorated it herself. She also made the artwork for the invitations and the "Happy Birthday" banner. I think letting her do all this was just as exciting for her than the actual party. Everything seemed to go well. We had a taco bar, all her idea, which I have to say worked out really well because it was easy to do. As usual I didn't get many photos because I was busy but here are the few I did get.

Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Buttercream, covered in white fondant and decorated by the birthday girl.

Birthday Banner done by Clara, the ponies and a hot air balloon.

The dessert and favors table.

Flowers from the garden, we had 7 vases full of them.




1 comment:

  1. It was an awesome party! :)

    That second to last picture looks like Bryan & Adam! Those two girls sure do look like their daddies!

    ReplyDelete