Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Zoo Birthday


She's four and look at her roar!

My wild and crazy four year old spent her fabulous birthday at the zoo. She woke up announcing that birthday princesses have to wear fancy dresses on their birthdays so there you have it, complete with stockings and ballet shoes. My birthday girl wanted to see the lions first so we spent quite a while in the big cat area, Clara roaring at the tigers and pacing with the jaguars.




Then we spent the rest of the day milling about checking out the rest of the wildlife. We spent a nice chunk of time in the reptile house looking at snakes and alligators. After lunch, Clara was quick to tell me that she was still hungry and might want a little vanilla ice cream with toppings. So, yes, we did that too.



It was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed spending it with my little girls, even singing kids' songs all the way to Philly and back, in traffic. I really can't believe my baby is four. Really, where did time go? I was choked up all day watching her run around and tell me all her little observations and cute statements. I really am very proud of the little girl she has become and look forward to seeing her grow to 5 and beyond.

As Clara clearly stated to Hazel this morning. "I'm four now, Hazel!" Yes, yes you are.





The trouble maker getting in on the action.


Baby Abigail, with mom always close by.

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful photos and a beautiful writeup to capture all the wonderful moments of Clara's big day. Hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete