Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ballet classes

Clara has been so into the idea of ballet for several months we decided to let her try out some ballet classes. This was her first experience in a structured setting without having Bryan or I around. I'll have to say I was really surprised, she was having a harder time then I thought she would. I was standing out in the hall watching and she kept coming out to me. Many times she refused to do anything the teacher was saying, she told me she wanted to dance her way. At one point she got panicked because she couldn't see me. She cried a few times. Eventually, towards the end she was participating. She got a sticker and when she came home told Bryan she loved ballet and had a great time. Being there, who would have thought.

I've since taken her to a second class and she was completely different. She listened and participated the whole time. I was very proud of her. And it was so cute to watch her, Stella and Evey dancing along with the teacher.

I'm hoping that this will help give her an easier transition to school in the fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment