Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas, finally.



Now that it's been over a month since Christmas I'm finally getting around to catching up with the blog. iPhoto is up and running once again (Wish I could say the same for iWeb.)
(I know I'm back dating this. It's actually Feb. 3 today ;P)

I honestly can't even remember much of the Christmas details. It was a nice holiday. We celebrated for many days, from Christmas Eve on Thursday all the way through Monday, with various family. Christmas day was actually spent here at our house just the four of us, no driving. It was awesome :) Clara was really into Christmas and Santa this year. She was so excited to leave cookies for him and was extra excited to see what he brought her Christmas morning. The super fantastic Lego "Cow Farm". Hazel was really excited about the doll she got, Amelie, as well. We now have tons of new stuff from Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, etc. I'm on a mission to try and get rid of some of the old baby toys to make room for all the new stuff. Time to organize!



In addition to all the receiving, I tried to show Clara the great part about Christmas, the giving. The girls (and I) made pinecone ornaments with their picture attached to give to relatives. Clara, on her own decided to make Christmas cards for everyone. She drew pictures and wrote out names and signed them, with a little spelling help from Mommy. I'm really impressed with how well she is doing with learning how to write her letters.



It really was a fantastic Christmas. It was so much fun this year with Clara really being into it. It was neat to see her experience all the traditions and be excited about them. She loved decortating the tree, making cookies and crafts just as much as she did opening presents. I'm really looking forward to next year when Hazel will be able to enjoy the experience just as much too. To check out more Christmas pictures look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment