Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sister love

I posted on facebook but of course had to write this here too. Today, I found Clara and Hazel tucked away together in Clara's bed. They were all snuggled up together and Clara was "reading" to Hazel, Hazel's new favorite book, David Gets in Trouble by David Shannon. It was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love watching them be affectionate towards each other, it's much better than when they are fighting.

So the reason for Hazel's obsession with this book. On one of the pages David spills his juice all over the floor. How horrifiying! Hazel is totally disgusted by wetness on the floor. It's really rather funny because the girl is in a perpetual state of dishevelment but if you get even a drop of liquid on the floor she freezes. "wet, WET!" She's terrified of getting her socks or barefeet wet. So David spilling juice is a big deal. The whole story she says, "jus, dadid, jus, jus, no."Until you get to the page with the juice incident. So when Clara got to the page she says "Look sweetie, here it is, David spills his juice." Very cute. So there it is, I wish I had my camera ready. Ten minutes later they were back downstairs fighting over who gets to hold the crayon basket. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment