Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thoughts of the day

I feel as though with parenting I tend to get pessimistic and complain a lot. I just thought I'd share a little bit about today. The girls and I had such a nice day today. I woke up to their callings for mommy. Walked in to two smiling faces. We got ready for the day and headed out to an outgrown sale in Leesport. Spent one crazy hour shuffling through toys and clothing. Hazel was on my back in the Ergo silent as could be. Clara very obediently staying right next to me with little complaint. She even riffled through the 4T clothing with me, every so often calling out "I like this one mommy. Can we get it? It's on sale." After our bargain hunting we headed to Happy Hollow for the Earth Day Festival. They painted flower pots, played in the sand box and listened to Miss Colleen from the library read all about trees. Then on a whim, we went out to lunch. They were so good the whole time ate most of their food and didn't even make that much of a mess. When we came home Clara had to try on her new clothing. Then we snuggled together on the sofa while Hazel was taking her nap. Then dinner, bath and a nice chat with Papa on iChat (he's away for the weekend). Then we snuggled up together in our bed and read books for a good half an hour until bedtime. It was a nice day.

I can't get over how much Clara is changing lately. Everyday she seems taller and skinner then the one before that. What used to be tight pants for her (basically anything that has a button and zipper) are now practically falling of of her. We had to buy a belt last week, which she was thrilled about. She's all about accessories right now. Not only are her looks changing but conversations with her are so much more in depth. And she has turned into this sweet, snugly, kisses and hugs all day long kind of kid. Not that she didn't do that before but it's been in excess now. So wonderful!

And, yes, Hazel is entering the terrible twos but we were having a good day, so that was fantastic! She might be a little independent and temperamental lately but through all that she has this sweet little jabbery voice. She's so excited about everything and can't wait to tell you about it.

It's days like these that make me realize how truly lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment