Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What we are up to now

It's a new year, and has been for a whole month. When did that happen? I feel like I haven't been blogging enough on what's going on in our lives. What the girls are up to, etc. So lets start with a little interview. I asked Clara these same questions New Year's Eve 2009.

Clara Feb 2011
Age 4
Favorites:
Color-Pink
Food-Dessert
Drink-Pink Milk
Toy-Sparkle Bell (An old school style Pinkie Pie-My Little Pony she renamed because of her sparkly hair.)
Game- Mouse Game (Chateau Roquefort)
Book-Fancy Nancy
Animal- Dragon (Figment, her purple stuffed dragon)
Song-Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Favorite thing to do- Craft
Where would you like to go on vacation this year? South Carolina because there are nice trees.

What do you love the most about . . .
Mommy - gives hugs
Papa - gives hugs
Hazel-I don't know
Eli-gives kisses with his slobbery tongue.

Hazel Feb 2011
2
Favorites:
Color - Green (Really because she LOVES Orange)
Food - Rice (?)
Drink - Juice
Toy - Fishies
Game- Iron Man game (which is actually a hard 100 pc puzzle)
Book - Charlie and Lola
Animal- Fishies
Song- Fishy song (What's with the fishy obsession today? I thought it would be My Girl since she insists I sing it every night)

Favorite Thing to do - Color
Where would you like to go on vacation this year? The beach

What do you love most about . . .
Mommy - glasses
Papa - glasses
Clara - sun glasses
Eli - Nose

What else have we been doing? Clara's in early stages of sounding out words and trying to read. She's also crafting, crafting and crafting. Which includes drawing prolifically and cutting up things into miniscule pieces all over the house. Hazel is working hard at her pronunciation of words. Just this week she started saying Lara instead of Dala which is closer to Clara. Other words are getting better too. She's also drawing a lot and has become somewhat of an obsessive puzzler. She has become quite good at them and we are pretty proud of her new found interest.

We've been working on our basement. What once was the shop, an unfinished mess, is now slowly turning into an awesome comic room. This means an awesome upstairs sewing/ photography, whatever room (basically a Tasha room :) ) I'm very excited to have a room of my own. Yes, I feel slightly guilty that our kids are sharing a bedroom and we each will have hobby rooms. However,to be totally honest , they love having a room together and when the time comes that they don't, we have plans for them to have more space all to themselves.

I'm also chugging along with my photo business - www.pumpkinseedphoto.com and now a cake business too - Cakery on the Boulevard and Bryan is still doing the CGS thing. Hopefully, one day it will pay off and he can retire from the 9-5 world of computer programming. Ok, probably anyone who actually reads this blog already knows all this stuff. I write it mostly for my personal agenda. Now that I'm a mom, honestly before that, I have no information retention. I like to look back and say, oh yeah, that's right we did that :p

No comments:

Post a Comment